Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Time for spring cleaning...

When I think of clean, I think of Mr. Clean.  When I think of Mr. Clean, Bruce Willis comes to mind.  At the mention of Bruce Willis, I either "see dead people" or need moonlighting.  Anywho, what I really want to discuss are the ridiculous "Voice", "Idol", or "America's Got Talent" shows.

Bjork has talent.  An idol is something like this...

Further, America does not have a voice.

When did we become the country who rules the world without any sense of morality?  I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment!

I want to fight for the high road.  If it is wrong for Russia to control Crimea, then why do we stand to the side on Taiwan?  We still embargo Cuba (because they are not "democratic"), yet our desert Saudis seem best of friends.  Why the double standard?

REALPOLITIK - politics or diplomacy based primarily on power and on practical and material factors and considerations, rather than explicit ideological notions or moral or ethical premises.  As my good friend Henry says, "While we should never give up our principles, we must also realize that we cannot maintain our principles unless we survive."  

Let's discuss...I am being called to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment