Wednesday, March 5, 2014

See the pope in a buffalo stance...

What a couple of weeks...


Neneh Cherry has been gone too long.  (Pompous religious bigots, not gone ever.)

First let me unload my discrimination rant.  If businesses can discriminate based on their religious beliefs, then should Hindi workers abstain from serving a McDonald's Big Mac?  Shall a strict Muslim not serve an educated woman anything?  Would a Christian be unable to promote "super-sized" meal deals to obese gluttons?  

When I get fired from my job because I can't deal with the Jesus-killing Jews, may I please use the religious belief card to sue my employer?  Obviously, the answer is yes.  More importantly, our government should specifically legislate which religious freedoms are valued in the community.  I don't want any gray areas, which could cause confusion. Let's make it clear to all the world that we are a white, male dominated, Judeo-Christian country (sans some of the Judeo part when it suits us)!  Amen.

Next, let us gives thanks to il mio Papa for his "modern" view of his kingdom.  His church might tolerate civil unions between same sex people, but I for one have one thing to say, "CAZZO you".  Shut up, because no one should care what you say.  "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves." (Matthew 7:15)

Luckily for me, I have listened to Neneh Cherry's new album (Blank Project) about 25 times in the last few days.  Hyperbole is all that can be used to describe how it makes me feel.  Amazing!  Sensational! Hot! Intelligent! Genius!  The beats alone put me in a whirl!  It is refreshing to remember how important this type of artist is to our pop music evolution.  25 years ago she began a revolution within "hip-hop"/, then faded into obscurity.  Absence truly has made my heart grow fonder.  "Raw Like Sushi" sounds like something one would hear on the radio today, though not as forced and manipulated (hint, hint Kanye).  If you want a taste, here is the title track.  No doubt, this won't be the last you've heard from me on this subject.  




No comments:

Post a Comment